Biography of Rahat Indori- an eminent Indian Urdu Poet and extremely popular Bollywood lyricist
Rahat Indori- Early Life
Rahat Indori was born on the 1st January of the year 1950 and did pedagogy at the Indore University before he became an eminent Urdu poet and famous lyricist in Bollywood. His father was Rafatullah Qureshi and mother was Maqbool Un Nisa Begum. Rahat Indori completed his MA from Barkatullah University in Urdu Literature and was also awarded the PhD for his thesis in 1985, which was titled Urdu Main Mushaira, by the Bhoj University, situated in Madhya Pradesh. He recited his first poetry when he was only nineteen and this fresh and unique poem was largely appreciated. Read here some of the popular Urdu Shayari by Rahat Indori
Everyone who is interested in knowing about Rahat Indori, Urdu poet, Ghazals, Shayari, poems and lyrics would be surprised to know that Rahat Indori first started his career as a teacher of Urdu Literature. Soon, he gained popularity among his students for his excellence and knowledge on one hand, and also started getting invitations to share his prose and poetry all over the country and abroad on the other hand. Soon he started getting jobs at different Bollywood projects and also his literary works in Urdu were getting appreciated all over.
The spectacular works of Rahat Indori in Urdu literature has also bagged him various awards in India and all over the world. The Urdu poems and ghazals by Rahat Indori have been used in many Bollywood movies as well, such as:
1. Mere khayal in the movie Prem Shakti.
2. Tuta hua dil tere hawale and Zindagi naam ko hamari hain in the movie Ashiyan.
3. Aaj humne dil ka har kissa in the movie Sir.
4. Dil jigar ke jaan achha hai in the movie Janam.
5. Bhumro bhumro in the movie Mission Kashmir.
6. M bole to master in the movie Munnabhai MBBS.
7. Yeh rishta kya kehlata hai in the movie Meenaxi.
8. Dekho dekho jaanam hum in the movie Ishq.
9. Chori chori jab nazrein mili in the movie Kareeb.
10. Dil ko hazar bar roka in the movie Morder, etc.